Thursday, June 29, 2006

lifestyle linking sleep

Probably the number one health change I have focused on over the last four years is to sleep better. My entrepreneurial lifestyle combined with travel means I feel I would qualify for the, Margaret Thatcher's school of Sleep, (she was famed for only needing 4-5 sleep per night, Now 80, I know she has suffered a stroke.) Maybe there is a lesson in that to take note of?

The life of a start up entrepreneur means you are intensely focused on all the things you can do to make your business a success. However, how do you switch off? How do you stop thinking about that one issues that seems to consume your whole life while you search for an answer? OK, you may fall asleep but your brain is still processing at full speed. What can you do to park the processing to the morning?

Sleeping tablets, glass of warm milk, a friend suggests mediation. I doubt I'll ever be won over by the first two, but meditation, maybe. How does it work? What exercise can you practice, which website are the best for me? Or maybe I'll just try me own thoughts on the matter and until I feel I need further help, I'll leave it all for now.

No comments: