Saturday, June 10, 2006

Jet lag advice, person sitting next to you?

Tally up 12 hours on a plane and you land 8 hours behind GMT = Jet Lag for me.

By good luck the passenger sitting next to me was a medical student from Germany. His advice was to keep going to 10pm US time. Last time I gave into to sleep around 6pm. Sure enough, tiredness was willing me to sleep but I was motivated to reach 10pm, I wanted to test the theory. Falling asleep was instant at ten. I woke early, 5am, about when the sun raised it's head and every day since I haven't felt the jet lag too bad at all this time. It took me a month to get over it last time. Now will this theory work every time for me? Does any medical lifestyle study support this theory? What other activities, well being or food/water combinations could I try to support my body's conversion to a new time zone?

No comments: