Friday, January 26, 2007

How often do I get a cold in January?

Ideally, you would never want to get a cold. I read some where that the average person gets 5 colds (light to flu) a year. I thought that was a lot. So, you ask yourself how times have I had the cold last year? You would it would be easy too add up but you forget and time moves on. For me I recall being ill most January's, I joke to myself, I only get a cold when there are holidays around! So, the festive period is a holiday time.

My point is, do I have a significant correlation with a month and having a cold, if yes, then would I act differently on the lead up to that time of year? Or is the significant correlation when a know virus is in the population? Do, I usually get the virus at the start of the out break or in the middle or near the end? We can empower ourselves to know this information, it is know, just not to us at present. Armed with this information is our choice to make lifestyle choices that turn these significant correlation to false.

No comments: