Friday, June 01, 2007

lifestyle linking sun glasses

One of my first lifestyle linking posts was on sun glasses. Would a more expensive pair be better at protecting my eye sight?

Since then I had to bin the sun glasses pitched in the posting. They broke. My current pair as just coming up for a year old. They are lasting well. However, the no.1 thing I now know about these sunglasses is that the polarizing coating on the inside and outside is flaking off. I did not even see this feature being mentioned on the product or in any comparison shopping website. Lets that put that another way, the no.1 feature that is now making the product, becoming increasingly un usable is not even listed as a feature. This sums up product retailing today. It does not link to the realities of the life I live.

In a lifestyle linking world, these variable will be at the forefront of product selection and creation. I will be able to say, given how I use sun glasses this product will last 2 years, this one 16 months and this one 12 months. I guess which one I would select given all other features are equal? Today, we make purchase decision based on the past, and that is how the product was not was made, not my life.

No comments: