Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Time - Tagging

Tagging, aka, the del.icio.us , flickr, blog etc. kind provides great value to me. Tagging in a lifestyle linking context has the potential to add great value too.

But I believe the tags can be used for more than their ability to provide a textual word to help me remember and save as important. The time when I tag is important too. Delicious time stamps your tag word but what about being able to sort on time as well? It is valuable to know when you time tagged all the same words, especially when you want to record the times you get a sore throat. The length of time interval may also be important.

The time value of tagging is under utilized but contains valuable meaning. Watch for some interesting developments in this area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have same thought with you on time tagging, and I am searching around if anyone have done anything on this topic, and found your blog..

nice to meet to you....I am think how to do a small experiment on it......