Sunday, February 26, 2006

'lifestyle linking' Sun glasses


Sun glasses health impact?
Originally uploaded by ecotorch.

I arrived in California with out my sun glasses. I need to purchase a new pair. The pair at home in Scotland are of high quality so I don't want to spend too much cash.

However, will buying a cheaper pair with a sticker claiming 'maximum UV' protection suffice for a few weeks or should I invest a lot more money in a designer brand with superior sounding marketing?

Again, I do not know the relative health impacts the two options will have on my eye sight. I am thinking, the cheaper option say MAX protection and the small print provides supporting evidence. A more expensive pair will come along with a free consultation but it that just more marketing from the sales consultant or based on medical fact?

I would like to have real time data at the point of purchase on the health impact of these two product choices. If the cheap pair are taking care of my eyes and with the expensive pair, I am just paying for brand and style then I would buy the cheap pair. However, if wearing the cheap pair of sun glasses, I am in effect getting no protection from UV rays then I would be prepared to pay for the more expensive option?

A lifestyle linking service would provide the health impact on demand to us consumer to be weighed up against the pricing options and budgets.

No comments: