Thursday, September 07, 2006

new tooth brush

I arrived back in the UK without my luggage. One of the first things you miss is cleaning your teeth. One night you can manage but the second day requires the purchase of a new brush. In an earlier posting I made the decision to change brand of tooth paste, so what about the brand of brush?

A firm reach, style being my main stay over the years. But technology has moved on again or is that just the marketing words? Whitening seems the word of the moment. I am in my local country chemist so the choice is not great, no Elephant pharmacy around to get a review of the greener brands. I say loyal to reach today, price seems lower than past purchases.

Looking back on my teeth cleaning history, the most important information I recall was the day I got a lesson on how to brush my teeth. This was not the day in primary school when you get a red tablet to show the plaque on your teeth but a day in my teenage life where a much more scientific and particle, even scientific portrayal of the reasoning on the different techniques to you to clean your teeth. Different speeds of brushing, different styles, up, down, circling.

My main observation is that as my education/knowledge level has improved with the progression of time then the better equipped I feel I have been at caring for my teeth.


No comments: